Sharing information and promoting earthbag building
|Free Rootcellar Plan
Owen Geiger, designer
Rootcellars have always been a hot topic among earthbaggers and homesteaders and other self-sufficient folks, so when Luke, who has been very helpful running the Earthbag Building Blog Facebook fan page asked for input on a rootcellar design Owen Geiger was happy to help.
Earthbag rootcellar features:
- Standard 15” earthbag walls with lower courses filled with gravel (18”x30” bags or tubes)
- Optional insulated room with 12” walls for a freezer
- Superinsulated shed roof
- White metal roofing to reflect sunlight
- Earthbag steps covered with cement plaster
- Cellar door to keep rain and snow off the stairs (and prevent flooding)
Disclaimer of Liability and Warranty
We specifically disclaim any warranty, either expressed or implied, concerning the information on these pages. No one associated with this site will have liability for loss, damage, or injury, resulting from the use of any information found on this or any other page at this site.
For Email contact go to About Us
We are interested in communication from others who are exploring the possibilities inherent with earthbag building.
Visit Our Other Websites: